Our client is a major joint venture between two highly reputable main contractors in the Middle Eastern region who specialise in the construction and engineering of high value, iconic projects. They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to oversee a major build project in central Asia.
This role will be responsible for the Commercial and contractual management of the project, worth in excess US$750M.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the commercial and contractual aspects of the projects
- Giving advice on financial directions
- Understanding the contract
- Arranging and agreeing of contracts
- Resolving disputes relating to the contract
- Manage and guide the Quantity Surveying teams
- Look for ways to make the project more efficient e.g. look for improvements within the Procedures
- Assessing the risk at the present stage of the project
- Give reports on the financial health of the project to both Project Managers and other relevant senior staff
You will have:
- Strong experience working on projects in excess of $750M
- Strong contracts background
- Previous experience working with major international contractors.
- Degree in either Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering/ Civils