Our Client is one of the leading global engineering, construction and Project Management Companies in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, Life Science & Chemicals, Energy & Environment Technologies and High-Tech Infrastructure. They are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to be based in the Netherlands.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for –
- Leading the Project Procurement Team ensuring all trade packages, suppliers and consultants are pre-qualified, procured on-time, within budget, and on terms for the Project.
- Leading the preparation of accurate timely financial monthly reporting of progress, revenues, costs, risks and opportunities. Identify and provide timely advice on key risks and mitigation strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with Contract and with Internal Approvals and lead documentation and phased agreement of GMP with the Client.
- Leading the Implementation and administration of the Change Management procedures, ensuring all Change Management events with cost / time implications are promptly notified, ensuring cause, effect, and contractual entitlement are comprehensively documented, evaluated, notified and agreed with the Client promptly.
- Leading and administering head Contract and Subcontract Interim Payment process and providing accurate forecasts of cash flow. Ensuring timely evaluation and payment of the Contractual entitlements.
- Leading and managing performance of a team of 7 Quantity Surveyors, procurement and administrative staff.
You will need –
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent).
- At least 10-15 years’ experience in QS / Commercial Management on a broad range of complex construction projects with Tier 1 organisations.
- A strong M.E.P. background.
- A broad range of project experience in successfully delivering the complete Contracts / Commercial function over the full project life-cycle.
- Specific recent experience as a Commercial Manager on fast-track Open Book GMP Contracts within the Data Centre sector would be an advantage.
- MRICS membership desirable but not essential.
- Dual Qualification in Construction Law / Claims / Dispute Resolution would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing a team of commercial / contracts staff.