Our client is a leading Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation contractor with projects across Ireland, UK, and Mainland Europe. Our client operates across multiple sectors including Data Centre’s, Pharmaceutical, Microelectronics, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Education, and Energy from Waste. The client is currently looking for a Commercial Managers to join them in the corporate offices in Dublin & Cork. Applicants must be willing to travel to other projects in the future.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for –
- Leading the preparation of accurate timely financial monthly reporting of progress, revenues, costs, risks and opportunities. Identify and provide timely advice on key risks and mitigation strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with Contract and with Internal Approvals and lead documentation and phased agreement of GMP with the Client.
- Leading the Implementation and administration of the Change Management procedures, ensuring all Change Management events with cost / time implications are promptly notified, ensuring cause, effect, and contractual entitlement are comprehensively documented, evaluated, notified and agreed with the Client promptly.
- Leading and administering head Contract and Subcontract Interim Payment process and providing accurate forecasts of cash flow. Ensuring timely evaluation and payment of the Contractual entitlements.
- Leading and managing performance of a team of Quantity Surveyors, procurement and administrative staff.
You will need –
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent).
- At least 10-15 years’ experience in QS / Commercial Management on a broad range of complex construction projects with Tier 1 organisations.
- A broad range of project experience in successfully delivering the complete Contracts / Commercial function over the full project life-cycle.
- Specific recent experience as a Commercial Manager on fast-track Open Book GMP Contracts within the Data Centre sector would be an advantage.
- Dual Qualification in Construction Law / Claims / Dispute Resolution would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing a team of commercial / contracts staff.