Our Client is a leading multinational engineering services provider and general contractor who employ over 2,000 professionals with annual revenues of over €770m and deliver leading-edge construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology, Fire protection, Building Services, and Technical Support Services. They are seeking a Facilities Manager to be based full-time in Europe.
The role involves leading the maintenance, repair, installation and operation of the facility’s electrical systems, mechanical systems, capacity planning, project management, customer build-outs, and all other aspects of the critical facility operation. The Manager is responsible for managing 24/7 activities of the facilities team while working in collaboration with Network Operations, Engineering and various other internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for -
- Full responsibility for the total performance of the critical facility including compliance, cost savings initiatives and customer satisfaction.
- Development, implementation and administration of operational processes, programs and systems in the critical facility including the maintenance program.
- Acquire and review vendor bids for maintenance, support and repairs.
- Development and management of facilities budget for maintenance, repairs, capital and general operating costs.
- Act as main technical and operational contact for the client, both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are implemented and maintained.
You will need -
- 10 years or more experience in critical facility management and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- A wide knowledge of facility critical systems - Diesel generators, UPS systems, fuel systems, switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, computer room air handlers, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Management of workplace health & safety behavioural programs for both direct and vendor employees.