Our Client is a joint venture between two of Europe's most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, delivering civil engineering works to projects over the UK. Our Client is currently looking for Health & Safety Advisors to join them on a Heavy Civils project in the South West.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Able to guide and support their allocated project/establishment by giving robust HS&E advice and able to coach in HS&E matters.
- Able to deputise for the HSE Manager when required to do so.
- Able to mentor HSE Advisers
- Able to transfer between the clients work areas if required to do so
- Ensuring that the clients Project Values are understood and complied with
- Has the aptitude to identify hazards or deficiencies, ability to rate and rank risk to enable effective evaluation and communication of any required actions.
- Has experience of conducting inspections and audits of projects, establishments and offices, and ensuring these are undertaken in compliance with the compliance monitoring programme.
- Able to carry out investigations and produce thorough and comprehensive reports that address the underlying issues and not just the end result (i.e. the injury / damage)
- Monitors compliance ensures projects are implementing the relevant parts of the clients Safety Management Systems (SMS) and identifies corrective action where required.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to coach the project team in key HSE project risks
- Understands the benefits of using the “behavioural” tools as a part of a continuous improvement cycle.
- Must have relevant experience of the Construction Industry in particular heavy civil construction projects, with knowledge of reinforced concrete, rebar and temporary works.
- Must have knowledge of the UK Construction Industry and previously worked on projects in the UK.
- Has a good understanding of relevant HS&E legislation and is able to interpret the requirements of this legislation as applicable to the Project activities
- Has sufficient environmental knowledge to be able them to support the clients environmental agenda
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction or SMSTS
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate as a minimum
- Member of Professional Body eg. IOSH at Tech IOSH minimum