Our client is a programme management and project management consultancy supporting their clients with construction management, for their projects and programmes. They are currently seeking a Senior Planning Engineer, to be based out of their South west of England Offices.
The role will include supporting the project teams working on the site, and also within the client support offices, delivery of planned activities for the teams working on the site. Form an aspect of the project delivery team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality plans and schedules to the project managers
- Supply detailed project plans and links using P6
- Produce reports of the previous months progress
- Produce projections on a monthly basis
- Attend meetings regularly and present information of which you have accrues since the previous meeting
- Produce documents highlighting potential problems and impacts that could affect overall progress of the project
You will have:
- Recognised degree/diploma, or sufficient experience
- HNC/HND required in engineering or similar
- Extensive experience in both scheduling and planning phases
- Exposure to the nuclear industry
- Ability to be both site and office based
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to communicate both strategic and project advice
- Understanding and experience of the whole project/programme life cycle (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Understanding of how to reconcile cost information
- Good understanding of how to interpret estimations schedules, risk tools and programming